If you want to change WordPress website URL, you can do it in Dashboard at http://yourdomain/wp-admin.
1. Log in to WordPress admin panel Settings > General.
2. Update WordPress Address (URL) line and Site Address (URL) lines and save the changes:
3. You will also need to re-generate the permalinks to make sure they have the new URL in Settings > Permalinks.
So if you had Post name, you need to switch to "Default" for instance, save the changes and then revert everything back:
If Dashboard is not opening or not letting you in for some reason, you may perform the changes directly in MySQL database.
The instruction below will guide you on how to change WordPress website URL using phpMyAdmin in cPanel.
1. Login to your cPanel and navigate to phpMyAdmin menu:
2. Choose the database which is being used for your WordPress blog and click on it.
If you are not sure what exactly database you need, check it in wp-config.php file which is located in the document root - in our case it is /public_html/wp/:
3. Click on wp-options table and edit siteurl and home fields:
Go back to your website and refresh the page to check the results.
That's is all!
- 11 Users Found This Useful
You should receive your "Welcome" email instantly after signing up, although due to the nature of...
When you signed up, you should have received an email titled "New Account Information" that...
All of your account details, including the name servers can be found in the email titled " New...
Your Account is activated instantly upon sign up and you will recieve an email wih all your...
If you purchased a domain name from us, or just recently updated your nameserers from your Domain...